Thursday, May 19, 2016

Vegan Cashew Cream Pasta (It's BOMB)









Some of that vegan stuff


Howdy Piglets! We're about a week old in this new vegan life transition, and let me tell you, if you can prepare your meals and take the time to nurture your kitchen, being vegan isn't the hardest thing in the world. I'd like to honestly share how my body has reacted to eating clean (no processed food, no meat, no junk) and eating clean  Vegan  for the past 18 days. In 18 days I have:

(1) Not had a migraine except one alcohol induced one at a party- which proves my trigger has always been booze and possibly cheese.

(2) Crap tons of energy. I used to be lethargic, but now I have energy for the day, all the time.

(3) Sleeping like a baby who sucked a thumb soaked in whisky. I am no longer sleeping at 2 am and waking up at 10 am. I am naturally following off to sleep at 12:00-12:30 and getting up at 8:30 am  (lolling in bed for 30 min counts as being awake) 

(4) I have lost 1.5 kg  (3 pounds) 

So anyway, today I wanted pasta and I wanted creamy pasta, and I am like well that's kind of hard without dairy. But duh, that's the point of this post, it's not! And let me tell you it's delicious. Like amaze balls.

So let's get to this, shall we?


What do I need?

2 cups of farfalle pasta (or penne)
4-5 pods of garlic
sea salt (per taste)
1 table spoon generic Italian seasoning or oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons of re chili flakes
1 cup of cashew nuts
1 cup of almond milk ( I used store bought Silk almond milk, you can also use soya milk)
5 whole pepper
1 green chili (more if you like it spicy, I put 2)
1 capsicum cut  skinny- long
1 tomato diced
1 small onion diced
3-4 tablespoons olive oil 



What do I do?

Get a pot and get your water boiling. Dump your 2 cups of pasta in it and cook for 11 min on the dot.

In a blender put your cashews, some salt, your green chili(S), garlic, and the whole peppers in with 1/4 cup water. Blend until it's a smooth paste. 

In a pot heat up some olive oil (low flame). Add onions, Italian seasoning and chili flakes and let it fry for a couple minutes. Add your cashew cream mix and stir til you have a thick-ish sauce. Then  go ahead and your capsicum and tomatoes . Pour your almond milk in and let it start to simmer, it will be slightly thick but you should have enough sauce and veggies to coat your pasta. Now go ahead and stir in your pasta, let it simmer for a few minutes in the sauce. You can chop some fresh basil if you have it and  SERVE HOT. 


Don't look non-dairy

How are them vegan apples? It's bliss, that's right!

See you puppies soon. Keep it real. 














No comments:

Post a Comment