Thursday, July 20, 2017

No Bake 3 -Layer Chocolate Wonder Bars (Almost Raw and 100% Vegan)



Hello Hippos!

I was looking at all these raw brownies recipes on youtube today. And then I just got confused. Too many variations and I hate getting hung up on 'exact ingredients' for each recipe. So I was like, screw it, I am just going to do my own thing and see if it works. Unlike some of my 'oh, I'll just do it my way' experiments, this one came out spectacular. This one time, I tried making vegan macaroons. They were such a disaster and I never spoke about it publicly. Until today, and of course I am not going to digress and tell  how my 'macaroons' ended up being lumpy -sticky pieces of almond crap.

So these wonder bars are almost raw, technically you can't 'cook' anything or use anything processed. I did melt chocolate for one of the 3 layers in this bar. I also used desiccated coconut, which is kind of processed? But then raw diets include dehydrated fruits/vegetable too, so I mean don't quote me on this crap.

These babies have sweet-chocolaty taste, and are packed with nuts, dates, vanilla, and all sorts of good shit. No refined sugar and zero oil to boot. It's a fantastic new way to eat chocolate if you ask me.


Here's what you need

First Layer

1 cup oats
1/2 cup almonds
8-10 dates deseeded
4-5 tablespoons of coconut mylk/coconut cream


Second Layer

1/2 cup jaggery syrup
1/2 cup  cashews
3/4th cup desiccated coconut
1/4th cup pure cocoa powder
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
3-4 tablespoons coconut mylk
1 teaspoon salt


Third Layer

8-10 squares of vegan dark chocolate
3 tablespoons water
pinch of salt



How to Make




Dump your oats, dates, almonds, and coconut mylk into a blender or food processor. It might get tough to blend depending on your blender. Help it out by stirring it in between,  or adding a bit more coconut mylk. Once you've got it to be a squishy mix, scoop it onto a pan. Now press it with your hands to make as large a square as you can. Make sure to keep the layer at least 1-2 inches.

Squish-Squish

You're done with layer one!  Stick the pan into the freezer and get started on layer two.



In your blender/processor add cashews, jaggery syrup, coconut, vanilla, salt, cocoa powder and coconut mylk. Blend away till nice and thick. It should look like the picture below.




Take out layer one from the freezer. Plop layer two chocolate mix on top and even it out across the oats/almond layer. Use your hands. Don't be afraid. It'll be ok, promise.

Gave up on the knife and used my hands


Yay, so layer 2 is done. Pop it back into the freezer. Now go to your stove add your chocolate squares, water, and salt to a small pot. On a very low flame stir it up till it melts. This should happen fairly quickly. Remember salt lets the flavour of cocoa powder explode. It's so good. So give it a healthy pinch of salt. But do not ruin you life by putting too much either. Go with your inner voice.


That was fast




Now pop that pan out of your freezer and spread the final layer of chocolate sauce on top. You can garnish with more coconut or cacao nibs, or nuts, or whatever really. 

All done!

 Pop it into the freezer one final time and let it stay there for at least 40 minutes. 


SLURP



Take out and cut into squares. Enjoy with a glass of cold-ass almond or soy mylk. Conquer the day. You can do it. 

Keep it real. Keep it kind.







No comments:

Post a Comment